Last week, I read
The Dot a total of 22 times to my students. A colleague who was working on various projects in the library commented on how much she enjoyed listening to our discussions. We used words and phrases like courage, empower, never give up, do your best, collaborate, connect. It was by far the very best week of my career. I'm glad that Dot Day comes early in the year because it is a great way to set the tone for the rest of the year. I've already hung my "We're celebrating Dot Day all year" poster outside of the library.
After our discussion, I supplied a variety of art tools for students to use to create their own Dot masterpieces. I didn't provide much direction. I'm bias but my kids created some amazing dots. Here are a few of my favorites.
This week we are going to extend our discussion by talking about ways to connect and collaborate with each other. We are also going to Skype with a couple of classes. So excited.
How are you going to make your mark?
No comments:
Post a Comment